Safety, Health & Environmental Protection Policy
It is Company's Policy to promote Safety at Sea, Health Prevention of Human Injury or Loss of Life and avoidance of damage to the Environment, in particular to the Marine Environment and to Property.
The Company's objectives regarding Safety Management are
- To provide for Safe Practices in ship Operation and a safe working environment.
- To prevent damage to the ship, her cargo and the environment.
- To assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel and the environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury.
- To ensure that seafarers' work environment on board ships promotes occupational safety and health
- To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety, Health & Environmental Protection.
In order to effectively implement its Safety, Health & Environment Protection Policy the Company:
- Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
- Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications, which are issued by maritime organisations and are directed towards creating a safe and pollution free environment.
- Implements a Shipboard Occupational Health and Safety Program (SOHSP)
- Continuously monitors all safety and occupational health aspects of the managed fleet
- Frequently inspects the managed fleet and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Continuously improves its management system by taking corrective & preventive action for identified problem areas.
- Provides adequate resources to effectively implement this management system.
- Has developed and implements a management system which is "Safety, Health & Pollution Prevention" oriented.
- Has carried out a generic Risk Assessment to its basic operations and practices and has established safeguards against identified risks.
- Endeavours to operate managed ships within ALARP ("as low as reasonably practicable") levels of risk.
- Makes every effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace and considers working safely a condition of employment.
- Provides necessary resources to implement the occupational health and safety program.
- Recognises that no task is so important for an employee to put himself at risk of injury or illness in order to get it done.
- Protects the Health of seafarers and provides prompt access to Medical Care on board and ashore when needed.
All Company employees, shore based and sea going are responsible for implementing the Company's Safety, Health & Environment Protection Policy and are required to comply with the applicable standards and with the ship's occupational safety and health policy and program.
The Company's Management is responsible for monitoring and reviewing the Safety, Health & Environment Protection Policy and the company's occupational health and safety program at regular intervals in order to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.